Cross-Border MA in Finance
PHBS’s UK campus offers two cross-border master’s programs: Finance and Management. These programs are two-year, full-time programs, culminating with a final thesis. Students spend the first portion of their study at the PHBS UK Campus and the second portion in Shenzhen, China, at the main PHBS Campus.
International students can learn alongside Chinese peers in an environment of cross-cultural dialogue. These programs aim to foster and empower students, allowing them to improve their subject-related skills and knowledge, as well as their critical thinking and analytical ability to challenge business problems and economic issues.
MA in Finance provides specialist training in finance, modern financial theories, application and methodologies. Students have the comfort of knowing that PHBS Master of Finance courses are recognized by the CFA Institute University Affiliation Programme for preparing students for the Chartered Financial Analyst® (CFA) exams. The curriculum is very quantitative based and requires students to have a very high level of mathematical skills. Courses include: Financial Markets, Financial Economics, Applied Econometrics, Financial Markets and Investments in China, General and Business Chinese, as well as elective courses such as Fintech that covers blockchain, Digital Currencies and Big Data to Finance The Finance programme prepares students for a variety of careers, such as chief financial officers, risk management specialists, corporate fund managers and more. It aims to develop in students a comprehensive understanding of financial performance and management.
This programme also enables the students to pursue PhD degrees or carry out research in related concentrations in finance.
- Students admitted to this program spend the first year of their master's degrees at the PHBS UK Campus and their second year at the PHBS Shenzhen Campus in China, alongside Chinese peers, in an environment of cross-cultural exposure and dialogue, providing a multi-country experience.
- The faculty members have earned their PhD degrees from top-ranked universities over the world, and all courses are instructed exclusively in English.
All modules are subject to annual change
Tuition fees for the PHBS UK – Shenzhen cross-border programs is £12,000 GBP for the first year and must be paid in full in the first week of each academic year.
Tuition fee for the second year is 60,000 RMB.
To apply for either of the MA programs (Finance or Management) applicants will need to:
• Have graduated or be about to graduate with a bachelor’s degree or higher from a recognized university;
• Must have proof of English proficiency with a satisfactory TOEFL (80 and above) or IELTS (6.5 and above) score (not required for native English speaker).
• GMAT and GRE scores are not required, but are considered in granting admission.
• Chinese citizens must take the national entry examination for postgraduate studies.